The virtual background feature allows you to display an image as your background during a Zoom Meeting. This feature works best with a green screen and uniform lighting, to allow Zoom to detect the difference between you and your background.
You can also upload your own images as a virtual background. There are no size restrictions when adding your own virtual backgrounds, but we recommend cropping the image to match the aspect ration of your camera before uploading it.
- Open the Zoom application and click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Select Virtual Background.
Note: If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom Desktop Client and sign in again.
- Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking +Add Image.
- Ensure that you are using a solid background color.
- After you select an option, that virtual background will display during your meetings.
- To disable Virtual Background, choose the option None.
The following is a PDF that was created by Ed Hill to assist you in setting up the virtual background as well as our logo you can use as your virtual background.