Zoom allows for screen sharing on desktop, tablet and mobile devices running Zoom.
- The host and attendee can screen share by clicking on the Share Screen icon.
- The host does not need to "pass the ball" or "make someone else a presenter" to share.
- The host can "lock screen share" so no attendee can screen share.
Start the Screen Share
- Click the Share Screen button located in your meeting tool bar.
- Select the screen you want to share. You can choose an individual application that is already open on your computer, the desktop, a whiteboard, or an iPhone/iPad.
- Check Share Computer Sound: if you check this option, any sound played by your computer will be shared into the meeting.
- Check Optimize for full screen video clip: Check this if you will be sharing a video clip in full screen mode. Do not check this otherwise, as it may cause the screen share to be blurry.
- Click Share.
Screen Share Menu
When you start sharing your screen, the meeting controls will move into a menu that you can drag around your screen.
- Mute/Un-mute: Mute or un-mute your microphone.
- Start/Stop Video: Start or stop your in-meeting video.
- Participants/Manage Participants: View or manage the participants (if the host).
- New Share: Start a new screen share. You will be prompted to select which screen you want to share again.
- Pause Share: Pause your current screen share
- Annotate: Use screen share tools for drawing, adding text, etc.
- More: Hover over move for additional options.
- Chat: Open the chat window.
- Invite: Invite others to join the meeting.
- Record: Start recording locally or to the cloud.
- Allow/Disable participants annotation: Allow or prevent the participants from annotating on your shared screen.
- Show/Hide Names of Annotators: Show or hide the participants' name when they are annotating on a screen share. If set to show, the participant's name will briefly display beside their annotation.
- Live on Workplace by Facebook: share your meeting or webinar on Workplace by Facebook. Learn more about live-streaming a webinar.Learn more about live-streaming a meeting.
- Optimize Share for Full-screen Video Clip: Start optimizing for a video clip in full screen mode. We do not recommend using this if you are not sharing a full screen video clip, as it make blur your screen share.
- End Meeting: Leave the meeting or end the meeting for all participants.
- Select Annotate to begin annotating on your shared screen.
- This will open the annotation menu.
- Mouse: Deactivate annotation control and switch back to your mouse pointer.
- Select: Select, move, or resize your annotations.
- Text: Insert text.
- Draw: Insert lines, arrows, and shapes.
- Stamp: Insert predefined icons like a check mark or star.
- Spotlight/Arrow: Turn your cursor into a spotlight or arrow.
- Eraser: Click and drag to erase parts of your annotation.
- Format: Change the formatting options of the annotation tools.
- Undo: Undo your latest annotation.
- Redo: Redo your latest annotation that you undid.
- Clear: Delete all annotations.
- Save: Save all annotations on the screen as a screenshot. The screenshot is saved to the local recording location.
If you are using a dual monitor set-up, you can turn on the Use Dual Monitors feature to see the screen sharing on one monitor and participants on the second.